Lemon Myrtle | Bextract™ | Backhousia citriodora is a Supercritical C02 extraction from locally grown Lemon Myrtle. One of the most recognisable Australian native flavours, Lemon Myrtle is widely recognisable and valued for it’s sweet, yet spicy flavour with intense citrus backbone. This flavour profile makes it suitable for both sweet & savoury applications.
The lemon flavour without the acidity of lemon juice lends itself to dairy-based products that would curdle if exposed to lemon juice. The mix of oils and terpenes in lemon myrtle are claimed to have several health benefits including an overall relaxing effect.
A blend of lemon verbena, lemongrass and kaffir lime with a slight eucalyptus background.
- 200g (approx. enough for 500 Litres of finished beverages)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 28% OFF 200g Price) (approx. enough for 2,500 Litres of finished beverages)
- Typical addtion rates: 0.3 to 0.6g per Kg of beverage (0.03% - 0.06%)
- Note: Addition not to exceed 2.0g of raw extract equivalent per 1000g of finished product.
- Premium alcoholic and non-alcoholic canned/bottled beverage. Post distillation
addition to gin and other spirits. Hard Seltzers and Speciality Beers.
Raw material to extraction:
- 2.2 grams of raw material per gram of Bextract™
Raw material - Country of Origin:
- Australia (Backhousia citriodora)
- Made in Australia from Locally Grown Lemon Myrtle
- 7.5% raw extract
- 42.5% ethanol
- 50% food grade glycerine
- 12 months from date of delivery
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
Spirits that contain Lemon Myrtle:
- Flavoured Vodka
Some Craft Beers and Hard Seltzers that contain Lemon Myrtle: