Lime Leaf | Bextract™ | Citrus latifolia is a Supercritical C02 extraction from organic lime leaves grown near Noosa in Queensland, Australia.
Complex taste with a clear “lime” point of reference for drinkers. Lime leaves are sourced from an organic lime farm inland from Noosa in Queensland. The “leafy” characteristics impart authenticity and depth. You can tell that this is a natural product. Opportunity for real product differentiation. This is a novel flavour that can help you to differentiate your beverages and brand.
Limes originated in India or Southeast Asia and came to Europe by the fifteenth century. With half the sugar content of lemons, and slightly more acid, they play a distinct role in cocktails. Chemical analysist of limes shows that they are higher in linalool and α-Terpineol, two rich floral flavours, and that the peel contains oils that add a warm, spicy note.
Fresh lime taste and nose with a pleasing bitterness that gives structure and interest like the tannins in red wine.
- 200g (approx. enough for 500 Litres of finished beverages)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 28% OFF 200g Price) (approx. enough for 2,500 Litres of finished beverages)
- Typical addtion rates: 0.3 to 0.6g per Kg of beverage (0.03% - 0.06%)
- Note: Addition not to exceed 2.0g of raw extract equivalent per 1000g of finished product.
Great substitute for other lime products when looking for a richer, more adult taste and especially useful to add another dimension to dryer cocktails such as margaritas or a dirty dry martini. Natural lime zest taste for Hard Seltzers and Lime Led RTDs.
Post distillation addition to gin and other spirits.
Raw material to extraction:
- 3.0 grams of raw material per gram of Bextract™
Raw material - Country of Origin:
- Australia (Citrus latifolia)
- Made in Australia from Locally Grown Organic Limes
- 7.5% raw extract
- 42.5% ethanol
- 50% food grade glycerine
- 12 months from date of delivery
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
Spirits that contain Lime:
- Flavoured Vodka
Some Craft Beers and Hard Seltzers that contain Lime: