Mary London Dry Gin Botanical Mix
This botanical mix comes from the Distillers Kit: Mary | London Dry Gin
But it can be used to make your own flavour of gin. Other Botanicals that you could use to complement these can be found here: Botanicals
Mary | Botanical Mix includes:
Mary Botanical Mix Infusion Options:
Method 1 -
- Complete a stripping run and a distilling run
- Soak the Mary Botanical Mix in at least 50%ABV spirit (remember to shave nutmeg, you can also crush the berries and seeds but not necessary)
- Leave for 4-5 days depending on the intensity of flavour you like. Shake every hour or so for first day and every now and them for the remainder.
- **NOTE** The longer you leave the more flavour you will extract, however some botanicals could become more prominent then others.
- **RECCOMENDED**This method will also leave your end spirt a yellowish brown so it is recommended to distil again and/or use a carbon filter.
Method 2 -
- Clean the botanicals by either soaking in Spirit above 50%ABV for a couple of hours to overnight or sanitise using Super Kill Sanitiser Spray
- Before commencing the Spirit Run put the Mary Botanical Mix into a Still Spirits Botanical Basket or Air Still Infusion Basket or Muslin Cloth and commence a spirit run taking cuts and noting the different flavour profiles merging.
- **NOTE** Remember to shave the Nutmeg to get the best flavour.
- **ALTERNATIVE** You can simply add the botanicals to the wash without using the basket however you do run the risk of burning the botanicals and the off flavours coming through.
Method 3 -
- Separate the botanicals and macerate them in at least 50%ABV spirit using Kilner Glass Jars.
- Leave for 4-5 days upto several weeks depending on the intensity of flavour you like. Shake every hour or so for first day and every now and them for the remainder.
- Regularly taste till desired flavour is reached, then blend the botanicals together.
- **ALTRERNATIVE** After blending the botanicals together run through the still once more to bind the flavours together and create a clear spirit.