Magnum GR Hops
Magnum was bred in 1980 at Huell, the German Hop Research Institute and released in 1993, Magnum is a German variety (also grown in the US) and daughter of Galena., the American variety Galena and the German male 75/5/3. Magnum is a high alpha cultivar and is often used as the base bittering variety. Magnum does not display any distinct aroma characteristics, however, subtle spice and fruit characteristics have been noted by some brewers.
- Type 90 Hop Pellets
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 250g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 500g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
- Magnum is a bittering hop with no distinct aroma characteristics.
- Tolerant to downy mildew, susceptible to powdery mildew. Poor pickability of a large, compact cone.
Brewing Values:Magnum is used for its bittering value and quality.
- Harvest: 2019
- Alpha: 13.3%
- Batch No. 19-303
- Alpha acids 10.9—15.6%
- Beta acids 6.0—6.7%
- Alpha:Beta Ratio 2.1
- Cohumulone 20.0—22.0% (% of alpha acids)
- Total Oil 2.0 –3.0 (mls. of oil per 100g)
Oil Components Expressed as % of total oils
- B-Pinene 0.4—0.8%
- Myrcene 30.0—40.0%
- Linalool 0.4—0.7%
- Caryophyllene 7.0—12.0%
- Farnesene < 1.0%
- Humulene 25.0—30.0%
- Geraniol 0.3—0.6%
ACID/OIL RANGE LOW HIGH
ALPHA ACID 12-15.5% 0 20 (Medium/High)
BETA ACID 5.5-8% 0 15 (Medium/Low)
TOTAL OIL 2-3 mL/100g 0 4 (Medium)
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
My go to hop for bittering additions!!