Melba™ AU Hops provide stone fruit and citrus undertones. “The Dame of Aussie Hops” Melba™ is a dual-use hop variety with high oil content. Early additions are said to impart a clean and somewhat spicy bitterness. Late flavour or aroma additions impart properties of passionfruit, grapefruit and citrus.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
- Harvest: 2022 Alpha Acids: 11.5% Batch: P-22-C-01 ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- Harvest: 2023 Alpha Acids: 12.0% Batch: P-23-C-02 Lot: 503
Melba™ is a real standout during selection especially when “rubbing up” for aroma scores its powerful grapefruit, citrus, passionfruit and other summer fruits. This variety is seen to have higher then average oil content.
Melba™ has high alpha and oil content making it a versatile hop for many brewing styles including:
- Australian Ale
- American Pale Ale
- Amber Ale
- Double IPA
- Dual Purpose
- Early & Late Additions - Mash, Wort, Kettle
- Dry Hopping - Secondary fermentation
HPLC & Oil Composition (Measured within 6 months of harvest, stored at 0C)