Motueka is a New Zealand aroma hop with a distinctive fresh crushed citrus “Mojito” lime character (6-8% AA).
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price) - Crop 2020 ON SPECIAL!
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
A triploid aroma type developed by New Zealand’s Plant & Food Research . This hop was bred by crossing a New Zealand breeding selection with a Saazer as part of the Hops with a Difference programme.
First impressions are a very lively intense fresh lime followed by a background of tropical fruit and lemon zest…big citrus notes dominate.
An excellent hop in many applications from first kettle additions through to late gift. This hop offers a unique aroma and flavour profile suitable for producing bigger styles. Excellent when employed in multiple additions from a single hop bill and sits well on the palate to balance speciality malt sweetness.
An excellent variety for a wide range of styles from Saison through to Pilsners.
Brings a new world edge to traditional pilsner styles and found internationally in a wide range of styles from lighter lagers to big ales. The weight of oil to alpha integrates it fully with higher gravity types to balance both malt sweetness and body. Extremely versatile in the brewery.
HPLC & Oil Composition (Measured within 6 months of harvest, stored at 0C)
- Crop 2021: Batch CH21-BH02-MKA Alpha Acids: 8.0%
- Beta Acids 5.0-5.5%
- Cohumulone 29.0% of Alpha Acids
- Total Oil 0.8 ml oil per 100gm cone weight
- Concentration 107 uL Oil/gram Alpha
- Myrcene 47.7%
- Humulene 3.6%
- Caryophyllene 2%
- Farnesene 12.2%
- Citrus-Piney Fraction 18.3%
- Floral Estery Fraction 4%
- H/C Ratio 12.6
- Other 10.4%
Craft Beer Examples: