Remember Me? - ESB - BeerCo Recipe Kit
In this day and age of being way too fancy and never stopping, it’s nice to sit back and reminisce about the classics. Remember the time when you didn’t worry about squeezing into skinny jeans, Insta or FB every beverage you’ve tried or listening to music that made your ears hurt? Us neither.
Time to look past the latest fads and just enjoy some uncomplicated flavours.
That’s where the Remember Me? ESB fits in. It’s not the glamour of the party, it’s just a good friend.
Cheers! #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 19 Litres
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.046
- FG 1.010
- IBU 35.4
- ABV 4.7%
- Colour 32.7 EBC
- Balance – 0.628 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
Amt Name Colour % Grist
4.50 kg Gladfield Ale Malt (6.0 EBC) 82%
0.40 kg Gladfield Dark Crystal Malt (190.0 EBC) 7%
0.35 kg Gladfield Brown Malt (178.0 EBC) 6%
0.25 kg Gladfield Supernova Malt (115.0 EBC) 5%
5.50 kg TOTAL 32.7 EBC 100%
Fuggle UK Hops Alpha: 4.1%. Pellets. 80g – 60 minute boil
Fuggle UK Hops Alpha: 4.1%. Pellets. 20g – Dry hop 3.0 days
- GY011 British Ale #1(Liquid) 1 x Gold Pitch
Dry | Lallemand Danstar
- Lallemand Danstar Nottingham Ale Beer Yeast(Dry) 2 x 11.5 g Sachets
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a temperature of 67 °C (152 °F).
- Hold the mash at 67 °C (152 °F) until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly with 10 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25.0 L.
- Add 80gm of Fuggle UK Hops at start of boil.
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes.
- Optional: add Deltafloc tablet or Irish Moss tablet with 15mins of boil remaining.
- Pitch with GY011 British Ale yeast or Nottingham Ale yeast
- Add 20gm of Fuggle UK Hops after 3 days for a maximum of 3 days.
- Yeast & Fermentation - Aerate well and ferment at 18-21° C until FG is reached or your hydrometer readings are constant over 2-3 days.