Riwaka is a unique New Zealand aroma hop with a powerfully fueled tropical “passion fruit “ character (4-7% AA).
- 250g (SAVE 10% off 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% off 100g Price)
- 1Kg (SAVE 20% off 100g Price)
- 5Kg (SAVE 30% off 100g Price)
- LIMIT 1 pack per person due to Global Shortage of this Hard to Grow fine NZ Hop!
A triploid aroma type bred during the development of New Zealand Hops “hops with a difference” programme through crossing “Old Line” Saazer with specially developed New Zealand breeding selections. Released by HortResearch Riwaka Hop Research Centre in 1997.
Riwaka is a real standout during selection especially when “rubbing up” for aroma scores its powerful grapefruit “citrusy” characters are literally breathtaking. This variety is seen to have higher then average oil, almost double that of its Saazer parent.
If you want to say “New Zealand Hops” in your beer than this variety says it all. The pure weight of the oil character experienced during selection carries right through to the glass. A punchy addition to the new world styles of Pales Ale and New Zealand Pilsners.
"A bold hop that makes a statement"
A bold fruity hop variety suitable for big styles such as IPA’s and Imperial Pilsners.
HPLC & Oil Composition (Measured within 6 months of harvest, stored at 0C)
- Crop Year: 2020
- Batch: 20098-1
- Alpha Acids 5.4%
- Beta Acids 4.0-5.0%
- Cohumulone 32% of Alpha Acids
- Total Oil 1.5 ml oil per 100gm cone weight
- Concentration 233 uL Oil/gram Alpha
- Myrcene 68%
- Humulene 9%
- Caryophyllene 4%
- Farnesene 1%
- Citrus-Piney Fraction 5.9%
- Floral Estery Fraction 2.8%
- H/C Ratio 3.4
- Other 0%
Craft Beer Examples: