Ted's goin f#$ken Troppo Mate! Too many Hops! Citra X Galaxy X El Dorado LupoMax! He's gone completely Mad F#$Ken Max with this one. Lucky the Boys at BeerCoAU got his back. They balanced his insane hop load on a fresh clean crisp local Aussie Pilsen Malt base layered in some Light Munich Malt with some lushish Golden Roasted Oats and some Wheat Malt, Rolled Wheat and Oats and Ted's goin to be OK! We just gave him a glass and he's smiling like a Cheshire Cat! Maybe Ted's cracked his Hazy Mind Code to Hoppiness with this one! Take it easy on this one boys and girls - Ted will sneak up on you as he slides down so damn easy!
cheers #CrazeforHaze #GoinTroppo #Ted #EnjoyResponsibly
Brewing Software Recipes:
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 23 Litres
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.066
- FG 1.015
- IBU 41
- ABV 6.7%
- Colour 11.6 EBC
- Balance - 0.62 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
Amt Name Colour % Grist
5.00 Kg Malteurop Victorian Select Pilsen Malt 3.3 EBC 74%
0.50 Kg Gladfield Golden Oat Malt 24 EBC 7%
0.50 Kg Crisp Light Munich Malt 20 EBC 7%
0.25 Kg Gladfield Wheat Malt 4.2 EBC 4%
0.25 Kg UniGrain Rolled Oats 5.5 EBC 4%
0.25 Kg UniGrain Rolled Wheat 3.2 EBC 4%
6.75 Kg TOTAL 11.6 EBC 100%
Amt Name Alpha Acids When Time IBU
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a temperature of 67 °C (152 °F).
- Hold the mash at 67 °C ( 152 °F ) until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Add first wort hop addition.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly sparge slowly with 11 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F ) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 29.5 Litres.
- The total boil time will be 60-90 minutes. Do not add Deltafloc or Irish Moss.
- At flameout, wait until wort cools to 82°C (180 °F ) to avoid volatizing hop oils. Set time for 40 mins and add first hop stand addition (10g each hop).
- After 20 mins add the second hop stand additions (20g each of Galaxy and Citra hops and 10g of El Dorado LupoMax).
- After the total hop stand of 40 minutes, chill wort to 19°C (67 °F ), decant starter or open Liquid Pitch and pitch Yeast and aerate.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature up to 23°C (73 °F ) to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 4 of fermentation when attenuation has reached about 80 percent, add the first dry hop addition.
- Wait 3 days, [option to remove the first dry hop addition] and add the second addition of dry hops and dry hop for another 3 days.
- When finished, carbonate the beer to approximately 2.5 volumes (5 g/L) of CO2 (or add 125g of table sugar or 180g of Light Dried Malt Extract if bottling) and drink fresh. Prost!