UniGrain - Kilned Naked Oats
UniGrain Kilned Hulled Oats are Australian Wholegrain oats dehulled and kiln dried to create a natural nutty flavour. Product can be further processed to create rolled or flaked oats or used as an ingredient in brewing and/or distilling.
Oats contain starches and gums (beta glucan) which thicken the body of a beer. These remain in the beer after fermentation and can be perceived as an oily slickness in the mouth.
UniGrain Kilned Naked Oats require milling before being added to the mash.
This product is locally grown, fresh-smelling, free from any extraneous material and manufactured from non-GM certified raw materials in a plant that does not process any material that is of GM origin.
- 1 MT Bulk Bag - Trade and Wholesale inquiries to Service@BeerCo.com.au
- Hazy Pale Ale
Usage and benefits:
- Up to 25% of grist added direct to tun
- improves mouthfeel and head retention
- increases body
- imparts a smoothness and nuttiness to the beer
- has a pleasant oaty flavour
- may require rice or oat hulls if used in a high percentage of the grist to assist with lautering
|Beta Glucan (%)||≥4.0|
|Total Dietary Fibre: Total g/100g (%)||10.4|
Monounsaturated fat (%)
Polyunsaturated fat (%)
Saturated fat (%)
Trans fat (%)
|Moisture (%)||7.0 to 10.0
|Protein (N*6.25) (%)||10.0 - 15.6|
This product contains gluten as a naturally occurring component of the oats. May contain lupins (while UniGrain do not process lupins within our oat milling operation, there is a potential cross contact risk due to potential presence of lupins in the crop rotation).
INGREDIENT: 100% Oats
PACKING: Food grade plastic Form Fill and Seal bags of 1Kg, 5Kg and 25kg or food grade woven bulk bags of up to 1000 kg.
ORIGIN: Product of AustraliaBeerCo Recipe Kits Containing Oats:
UniGrain has a proud and successful record in the cereal, grain and pulse milling sectors in Australia, with a history dating back to the 1970s. UniGrain mills oats from both its Victoria and West Australian mills and have now grown to become one of the largest users and millers of oats in the Asia Pacific region. All products milled at UniGrain sites are sourced locally, and like BeerCo.com.au UniGrain pride themselves on their commitment and long term relationship with Australian growers.
BeerCo.com.au are pleased to be UniGrain's exclusive distribution partner to the Australian Brewing and Distilling Industry of their premium quality unmalted cereals. Check out the range below and drop us a line with any trade or wholesale inquiries to Service@BeerCo.com.au
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)