UniGrain Rolled Barley is prepared by rolling barley grains that have been pearled. UniGrain Rolled or Flaked Barley is a natural grain sourced and grown in Australia.
Addition of Flaked Barley will promote head retention and add body to the finished beer. Rolled Barley does not require milling before being added to the mash.
This product is fresh-smelling with no signs of scorching and free from any extraneous material.
Flaked Barley is unmalted, steam, and dried barley that has been rolled into flat flakes. It imparts a rich, grainy flavor to beer and is used in many stouts, particularly Irish stouts, enhancing head formation and foam stability.
Product of Australia. Australian Grown and Milled by UniGrain.
Usage and Benefits
- 5 to 10% for head retention improvement
- Enhances foam and adds body
- Very little soluble nitrogen contribution to wort so good for use as a nitrogen diluent with high TN barley malts
- Adds a stronger slightly harsher flavour than torrefied wheat
- Flaked barley has an extract value of 72% on a dry weight basis.
- 1 Kg Bag
- 5 Kg Bag (SAVE 20% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg Bag (SAVE 40% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 1 MT Bulk Bag or Pallet (SAVE 55% OFF 1Kg Price) for wholesale, trade go to BeerCo.com.au Wholesale