UniGrain Rolled Barley
UniGrain Rolled Barley is prepared by rolling barley grains that have been pearled. UniGrain Rolled or Flaked Barley is a natural grain sourced and grown in Australia.
Addition of Flaked Barley will promote head retention and add body to the finished beer. Rolled Barley does not require milling before being added to the mash.
This product is fresh-smelling with no signs of scorching and free from any extraneous material.
Flaked Barley is unmalted, steam, and dried barley that has been rolled into flat flakes. It imparts a rich, grainy flavor to beer and is used in many stouts, particularly Irish stouts, enhancing head formation and foam stability.
Product of Australia. Australian Grown and Milled by UniGrain.
Usage and Benefits
- 5 to 10% for head retention improvement
- Enhances foam and adds body
- Very little soluble nitrogen contribution to wort so good for use as a nitrogen diluent with high TN barley malts
- Adds a stronger slightly harsher flavour than torrefied wheat
- Flaked barley has an extract value of 72% on a dry weight basis.
- 1 Kg Bag
- 5 Kg Bag (SAVE 20% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg Bag (SAVE 40% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 1 MT Bulk Bag or Pallet (SAVE 55% OFF 1Kg Price) for wholesale, trade go to BeerCo.com.au Wholesale
GRANULATION TEST: (Retsch AS200 - 100g – 1 minute – Amp setting 60)
|Remaining on US#8 (% minimum)||90|
|Passing through US#20 (%maximum)||2|
|Total DF: (%)||9.9|
Monounsaturated fat (%)
Polyunsaturated fat (%)
Saturated fat (%)
Trans fat (%)
|Moisture (%)||12.5 maximum|
BeerCo.com.au Recipes featuring Rolled Barley:
UniGrain has a proud and successful record in the cereal, grain and pulse milling sectors in Australia, with a history dating back to the 1970s. UniGrain mills oats from both its Victoria and West Australian mills and have now grown to become one of the largest users and millers of oats in the Asia Pacific region. All products milled at UniGrain sites are sourced locally, and like BeerCo.com.au UniGrain pride themselves on their commitment and long term relationship with Australian growers.
BeerCo.com.au are pleased to be UniGrain's exclusive distribution partner to the Australian Brewing and Distilling Industry of their premium quality unmalted cereals. Check out the range below and drop us a line with any trade or wholesale inquiries to Service@BeerCo.com.au
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)