Vic Secret™ Australian Hop Cultivar Number: 00-207-013 is an irresistibly aromatic hop that imparts clean pineapple, pine and herb flavours. Her full potential is realised through late addition where the impact of her high levels of alpha acid are balanced and the aromatic oil profile can be captured.
- 100 gm
- 250 gm (SAVE 10% on 100g Price)
- 500 gm (SAVE 15% on 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% on 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% on 100g Price)
Vic Secret™ was created by the Hop Products Australia breeding program in 2000 and commercialised in 2013.
Vic Secret™ hop ancestry is a cross pollination of high alpha Australian and Wye College hops, which provides an interesting mix of English, European and North American heritage.
- Harvest: 2020
- Batch No. VV66
- Alpha acids (%) 21.2
- Moisture (%) 8.2
- Oil Content ml/per 100g: 3.1
- Beta acids (%) 6.1 - 7.8
- Alpha/Beta Ratio 2.0 - 2.6
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 51 - 56
- Total Oils (ml/100g) 2.2 - 2.8
- Oil Concentration (microliters of oil/g alpha) 129 - 200
ALPHA ACID 14.0 - 17.0 % 0 20 (high)
BETA ACID 6.1 - 7.8% 0 15 (medium)
TOTAL OIL 2.2 - 2.8 mL/100g 0 4 (medium)
The flavour of Vic Secret™ is best accessed by dry hopping or whirlpool addition. Late kettle addition imparts pleasant earthy flavours without the fruit.
Recommended Beer Styles:
- Pale Ale
Craft Beer Examples showcasing Vic Secret™