Wai-Iti is a fine NZ aroma hop with fresh peaches and apricot characters within a weight of essential oils (2-4 % AA). Really Tasty.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
Wai-iti is a new hop variety developed by New Zealand Plant and Food Research with release from the New Zealand Hop breeding Programme in 2011. It was selected for its low alpha acid and high oils content. Wai-iti is a granddaughter of the USDA developed Liberty, and is a triploid hop derived from 1/3rd Hallertau Mittelfrüh.
Selectors comment on the intensity of the aromas, attributable for the most part to the high weight of oil and oils to alpha ratio. Freshly squeezed limes with top notes of mixed citrus are the standouts in a heady blend of essential oils.
Wai-iti has been used in both Lagers and Ales where its character builds to develop an excellent finishing bitterness and drinkability. Fresh peaches and stone fruit dominate the aroma in single hopped beers and also when combining as a late addition with other varieties. Creates fruity aroma driven new world beer styles.
HPLC & Oil Composition (Measured within 6 months of harvest, stored at 0C)
- Harvest Years: 2020 Batch 20175-1 2.7% Alpha
- Harvest Year: 2021 Batch 21159-1 3.4% Alpha
- Alpha Acids 2.5-3.5%
- Beta Acids 4.5-5.5%
- Cohumulone 22-24% of Alpha Acids
- Total Oil 1.6 ml oil per 100gm cone weight
- Concentration 420 uL Oil/gram Alpha
- Myrcene 3%
- Humulene 28%
- Caryophyllene 9%
- Farnesene 13%
- Citrus-Piney Fraction 8%
- Floral Estery Fraction 2.4%
- H/C Ratio 3.1
- Other 0%
Craft Beer Examples: