Lager! Lager! Lager! Sometimes all you want in life is a well balanced well brewed Lager! Not just any lager but a quality craft lager brewed cold and lagered cold to provide that clean crisp hoppy taste we all love whether the sun is shining or its raining cats and dogs outside. So without further adieu here is a Lager that you and your mates can enjoy until the cows come home.
Cheers! #lager #lager #lager #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres / 5.25 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.051
- FG 1.007
- IBU 33
- ABV 5.8%
- Colour 8 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
4.00 Kg Malteurop Pilsen 3.8 EBC 80%
0.75 Kg Crisp Vienna Malt 8 EBC 15%
0.25 Kg Crisp Dextrin Malt 3 EBC 5%
5.00 Kg TOTAL 8 EBC 100%
• BSY-A008 Cologne Bluestone Yeast - 1 x Pitch
Water Adjustments (Optional):
- Mash In - Do your normal mash regime (say 3 Litres of Mash Water to 1Kg of Grain), mashing at around 67C for at least 60 mins
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C for 10 minutes.
- Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal sparge regime in terms of water added to hit pre-boil volumes and post boil into fermenter (around 15 litres) at around 77C
- Boil - vigorous boil for 90 mins, with first hop additions at 15 minutes and last hop additions at 5 mins from end of boil.
- 10 minutes from end of boil: Optional here to add yeast nutrient and a tab of Deltafloc or a tsp of Irish Moss (not included in kit)
- Cool the wort and transfer to the fermenter pitching Yeast
- Ferment at 17 °C until the beer attenuates fully. With healthy yeast, fermentation should be complete within 1-2 weeks, but do not rush it. Rack to a keg and force carbonate or rack to a bottling bucket, add priming sugar, and bottle. Target a carbonation level of 2.5 to 3 volumes.
Food pairing and Glass Match (Stemmed Pilsner Glass)
- Grilled Salmon
- Cracked Pepper Hard Cheese or Soft Ripened White Mould Cheese
- Lemon Desserts e.g. Lemon Tart