Cascade is an aroma hop of medium strength and high distinction. She has a distinctive, dark green elongated cone and contains low levels of alpha acid. Hop Products Australia Cascades have proven their mettle in many fine Australian beers. Cascade is characterised by a dark green elongated cone with an aroma that is of medium strength and very distinct. Cascade is the definitive hop for American Pale Ale style with the most notable example being Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
- 100 gm
- 250 gm (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500 gm (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 38% OFF 100g Price)
Cascade was developed in the USDA breeding program in Oregon and released as a U.S. aroma variety in 1972. Open pollination of a Fuggle seedling, derived from Fuggle and Serebrianka
Brewing Usage & Character
Aroma. Unique American floral character. Defines US Pale Ale style
Medium intense floral, citrus and grapefruit tones. Medium strength unique floral, citrus & spicy.
Typical Beer Styles
First commercial hop from the USDA-ARS breeding program; bred in 1956 and released in 1972
- Harvest: 2021 Batch: TW102 Alpha Acids 8.6% ASBC SPECTRO 1.4ml oil/per 100g
- Beta Acids 4.5 - 7.0%
- Co-Humulone 33 - 40%
- Total Oil 0.8 - 1.5 mL / 100g
- Myrcene 45 - 60% of total oil
- Humulene 10 - 16% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 3 - 6% of total oil
- Farnesene 4 - 8% of total oil
General Trade Perception
An aroma variety with well-balanced bittering potential, good for dry hopping.
Beer Recipe Kit Examples:
Craft Beer Examples: