What is great to always have on tap or in bottles when mates come calling? A Go-To-Pale Ale or GTP Pale Ale for short! We thought long and hard and will keep on thinking long and hard about a good reliable recipe for an honest to goodness Go To Pale Ale that you might like to Supercharge a little bit with your own flare that is guaranteed to put a smile on your mates dial and keep you refreshed without knocking you down or ruining yourself for work tomorrow.
GTP | Pale Ale | BeerCo Recipe Kit is a hoppy new world pale ale with a mix of classic old and new world favourites in terms of the hops and malt and yeast. GTP Pale can be supercharged a little more with some extra hops you have left lying around for a dry hop or you can let it sing on its own and this is the type of beer that will be a winner with a wide audience of friends and family, male and female - its full of character and flavour but its not going to slap you around or knock you out like a jackhammer.
Brewing Software Recipe Links:
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21.0 L US 5 Gallon
- Boil Time: 90 min
- OG 1.051
- FG 1.007
- IBU 38
- ABV 5.8%
- Colour 2 SRM / 4 EBC
- Balance - 0.75
- Mash - the brewer should do normal mash regime, probably mashing at around 67 C for at least 60 mins
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C
- Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 77C
- Boil - vigorous boil for 75 mins
- Yeast & Fermentation - Cool your wort to pitching temp 18-20 C Oxygenate your wort and pitch your yeast and start your ferment at 18 C letting it rise to 22 C.
- Conditioning - Rack the beer off the yeast after primary fermentation and dry hop with remainder of Cascade and Galaxy hops for 3 days at 18 C.
- Bottling or Kegging - Carbonate to 2.5 volumes of CO2.