Bred in 1974 and released by Washington State University in 1990, Centennial is an aroma-type cultivar that has found favour as one of the most popular varieties in craft brewing. It is often referred to as a super-Cascade (containing nearly double the alpha content) and can be used for bittering purposes.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
Centennial is a diploid cross between Brewer's Gold and a USDA male.
- Medium intensity floral and citrus (lemon) tones
Typical Beer Styles
- American Ales
- Wheat Beers
Bred in 1974 and released in 1990. Storage Stability 60 - 65% alpha remaining after 6 months
Brewing Value Certificate
Typical Brewing Specification
- Crop Year: 2020 Batch : I-00394-1 Alpha: 9.0% ASBC SPECTRO ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- Crop Year: 2020 BSG Lot #: 20Z1CEN11 Alpha: 8.6% Beta: 3.4% HSI 0.291 Total Oils: 1.5mL/100g ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- Crop: 2021 Batch: I-10731-1 Alpha Acids 9.9% Moisture 9.5%
- Alpha Acid 7 - 12%
- Beta Acid 3.5 - 5.5%
- Co-humulone 23 - 27%
- Total Oil 1 - 3 mL/100g
- B-Pinene 0.8 - 1% of total oil
- Myrcene 55 - 65% of total oil
- Linalool 0.6 - 0.9% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 5 - 7% of total oil
- Farnesene < 1.0% of total oil
- Humulene 10 - 20% of total oil
- Geraniol 1.2 - 1.8% of total oil
General Trade Perception
Centennial is very balanced, sometimes called a super Cascade
BeerCo All Grain Kit Recipes featuring Centennial
Craft Beer Examples: