You love Fresh Jack West Coast IPA! Now, wait till you try Hazy Jack | East Coast IPA. We have taken Fresh Jack and pimped him right up to the nines. Think Citra and Mosaic LupoMax with more Lupulin Concentration than you can shake a mash paddle at with some Amarillo flavour. Oh, yeah and we totally got under the hood on the Malt Bill with Malteurop Pilsen Malt lightly sitting under Crisp Light Munich, Wheat and Naked Oats for a luscious mouthfeel and hazy golden vibes. Well, what are you waiting for? Get your Hazy Jack brewing on! Be careful he's a Double Dry Hopped New England IPA - Boom! cheers #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 19 Litres
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.076
- FG 1.012
- IBU 52
- ABV 8.6%
- Colour 13 EBC
- Balance - 0.680 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
Amt Name Colour % Grist
4.50 kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt (6 EBC) 69%
1.00 kg Crisp Light Munich Malt (22 EBC) 15%
0.50 kg Crisp Wheat Malt (4.8 EBC) 8%
0.50 kg UniGrain Kiln Dried Hulled Oats (2.8 EBC) 8%
6.50 Kg TOTAL 13 EBC 100%
Amt Name Alpha Acids When Time IBU
- 20 g Amarillo [8.6 %] First Wort 20 mins 11 IBUs
- 20 g Amarillo [8.6 %] Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 3 IBUs
- 30 g Citra LupoMax [18.5 %] Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 9 IBUs
- 30 g Mosaic LupoMax [17.5 %] Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 8.5 IBUs
- 20 g Amarillo [8.6 %] Steep/Whirlpool 40 mins 3 IBUs
- 30 g Citra LupoMax [18.5 %] Steep/Whirlpool 40 mins 9 IBUs
- 30 g Mosaic LupoMax [17.5 %] Steep/Whirlpool 40 mins 8.5 IBUs
- 20 g Amarillo [8.6 %] First Dry Hop at Day 4 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
- 20 g Citra LupoMax [18.5 %] First Dry Hop at Day 4 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
- 20 g Mosaic LupoMax [17.5 %] First Dry Hop at Day 4 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
- 20 g Amarillo [8.6 %] First Dry Hop at Day 7 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
- 20 g Citra LupoMax [18.5 %] First Dry Hop at Day 7 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
- 20 g Mosaic LupoMax [17.5 %] First Dry Hop at Day 7 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
Sauces of Brewspiration:
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a temperature of 67 °C (152 °F). Approx. 17L of water at strike temp of 73C (more if you have a false bottom single vessel brewery).
- Hold the mash at 67 °C ( 152 °F ) until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly sparge slowly with approx. 15 Litres of 76 °C water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25 L (6.6 gallons) allowing for a boil off of 2L/hour
- Add first wort hop addition of 20 g Amarillo [8.6 %] at beginning of boil.
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes. Do not add Deltafloc or Irish Moss.
- At flameout, wait until wort cools to 82°C (180 °F ) to avoid volatizing hop oils. Set time for 40 mins and add first hop stand addition (20g of Amarillo and 30g each for the LupoMax hops).
- After 20 mins add the second hop stand additions (20g of Amarillo and 30g each for the LupoMax hops).
- After the total hop stand of 40 minutes, chill wort to 19°C (67 °F ), decant starter or open Liquid Pitch and pitch Yeast and aerate.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature up to 23°C (73 °F ) to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 4 of fermentation when attenuation has reached about 80 percent, add the first dry hop addition for 3 days.
- Wait 3 days, then remove the first dry hop addition and add the second addition of dry hops and dry hop for another 3 days.
- When finished, carbonate the beer to approximately 2.5 volumes (5 g/L) of CO2 (or add 125g of table sugar or 180g of Light Dried Malt Extract if bottling) and drink fresh. Prost!