Idaho IPA BeerCo Fixed Recipe Kit is a beer to showcase Idaho 7 Hop from Jackson Hops, Wilder, Idaho. First brewed commercially by Cavalier Brewing for Good Beer Week 2016 this is a well-balanced big bold and beautiful IPA that uses Ale, Light Crystal and Dextrin Malts, Chinook and Idaho 7 US Hops and your choice of either Lallemand BRY-97 West Coast Ale Dry Yeast or go East-Style with GY054 GigaYeast Vermont IPA Liquid yeast.
Whatever, you choose, we think you will not be disappointed and feel free to share some feedback with us or the brewers @CavalierBrewing.
Do you think you can brew like a pro? Here is your chance to try!
Can you brew it???
Idaho 7 IPA
Selected Style and BJCP Guidelines
- 14B-India Pale Ale(IPA)-American IPA
- SG: 1.063 | FG: 1.009
- Expected ABV: 7%
- Expected IBU: 55 IBU
- Expected Colour: 13 EBC | 7 SRM
- Mash Efficiency: 70 %
- Boil Duration: 60 mins
- 21 litre brew length
- Fermentation Temperature: 18 degrees Celsius
Ingredient Amount %
Variety Alpha Amount IBU Form When
Chinook 11.7 % 25 gm 32 Pellet Hops First Wort Hopped
Idaho #7 14.3 % 20 gm 12 Pellet Hops 10 Min from End of Boil
Chinook 11.7 % 25 gm 11 Pellet Hops 10 Min from End of Boil
Idaho #7 14.3 % 60 gm 0 Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped at 3g/L after primary fermentation for 72 hours, feel free to double dry hop with two lots of 2g/L for another 72 hours if you prefer your IPA double-dry hopped.
- Mash – the brewer should do normal mash regime, mashing at 66 C for at least 65 mins
- Sparge – once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 76C
- Boil – vigorous boil for 60 mins
- Hops: Add 20g of Nugget or clean bittering hops @60 mins, 20g of Idaho 7 and 20g of Chinook @10 mins
- Pitch Yeast & Fermentation – Aerate well and ferment at 18 C until FG is reached or terminal gravity is table for two days.
- Yeast off and dry hop after primary for 72 hours with 3g/L of Idaho 7. If your fancy is double dry hopped AIPA then dry hop with 2g/L for 72 hours followed by a second dry hop of 2g/L for another 72 hours.
- Crash chill and bottle or keg as normal.
- Mature for 10 days before carbonating.
Sauces of Brewspiration: