Suns Out! Time to Mow the Lawns, tidy the yard, trim the hedges or just get work done around the place. Sun is about to go down after a busy day in the yard or out and about enjoying your weekend. Well, kick back, relax, take a load off and reward yourself - you have #earnedit - pour yourself a Mower | Cream Ale nice and light and refreshing. Perfect to slack the thirst of any man or woman in need of hydration after a day of #GettingS$%tDone
Cheers! #Mower #CreamAle #Beer #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres / 5.25 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.049
- FG 1.008
- IBU 20
- ABV 5.3%
- Colour 6.6 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
2.75 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt 3.8 EBC 61%
0.90 Kg Crisp Flaked Torrefied Maize 1.0 EBC 20%
0.50 Kg Crisp Dextrin Malt 2.9 EBC 11%
0.35 Kg Crisp Cara Gold Malt 13.6 EBC 8%
4.50 Kg TOTAL 6.6 EBC 100%
Water Adjustments (Optional):
- Adjust your local water to a soft lager or Cream Ale Style - a good reference material here for Melbourne Brewers
- 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum) into mash water.
- 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Chloride into mash water.
- (Note: Minerals are not included in the Kit, you can add them at cart before checkout)
- Single Infusion | Medium Body | Mash In - Do your normal mash regime (approx. 13.5 Litres of Mash Water to 4.5 Kg of Grain or the 3:1 water:grain rule), mashing in at around 66-67C for at least 60 mins
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal their normal fly sparge regime in terms of adding 76C water to hit pre-boil volumes of approx. 23L and post boil into fermenter of approx. 21 litres should suffice.
- Boil - vigorous boil for 60 mins, with your first kettle hop addition at 60 minutes from end of boil and next two hop additions at 15 and 5 mins from end of boil.
- Yeast Nutrient and Wort Clarification: 10 minutes from end of boil: Optional here to add yeast nutrient and a tab of Deltafloc or a tsp of Irish Moss (not included in kit)
- Yeast: If possible make a Yeast Starter 3 days prior to brewing.
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching GY021 Kölsch Bier GigaYeast or GY094 German Ale GigaYeast or Lallemand Brewing Köln Kölsch Style Ale Yeast - 2 x 11g Sachets and ferment at 19-20°C until final gravity is reached, and keg or bottle with 2.3 volumes (4.6 g/L) CO2.
- Drink Fresh or Lager (store cold) for a few more weeks. Prost!
Food pairing and Glass Match (Lager Glass or Tulip)
- Pulled Pork or BBQ
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- Malt - 4.5 Kg (Milled or Unmilled - You Choose)
- Hops - 100g Spalt Spalter GR Hop Pellets
- Yeast - Liquid: 1 x Liquid Gold Pitch of GY021 Kölsch Bier or GY094 German Ale GigaYeast or Dry: 2 x Lallemand Brewing Köln Kölsch Style Ale Yeast 11g Sachets
- Brewing Aids - not included. Water adjustments optional.