Mower - Cream Ale - BeerCo Recipe Kit
Suns Out! Time to Mow the Lawns, tidy the yard, trim the hedges or just get work done around the place. Sun is about to go down after a busy day in the yard or out and about enjoying your weekend. Well, kick back, relax, take a load off and reward yourself - you have #earnedit - pour yourself a Mower | Cream Ale nice and light and refreshing. Perfect to slack the thirst of any man or woman in need of hydration after a day of #GettingS$%tDone
Cheers! #Mower #CreamAle #Beer #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres / 5.25 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.049
- FG 1.008
- IBU 20
- ABV 5.3%
- Colour 6.6 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
2.75 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt 3.8 EBC 61%
0.90 Kg Crisp Flaked Torrefied Maize 1.0 EBC 20%
0.50 Kg Crisp Dextrin Malt 2.9 EBC 11%
0.35 Kg Crisp Cara Gold Malt 13.6 EBC 8%
4.50 Kg TOTAL 6.6 EBC 100%
- 30 gm Spalt Spalter GR Hops - Alpha: 3.3% - 60 minutes from end of boil
- 30 gm Spalt Spalter GR Hops - Alpha: 3.3% - 15 minutes from end of boil
- 40 gm Spalt Spalter GR Hops - Alpha: 3.3% - 5 minutes from end of boil
- GY021 Kölsch Bier GigaYeast or GY094 German Ale GigaYeast - 1 x Gold Pitch (make a starter if over 3 months old)
- Lallemand Brewing Köln Kölsch Style Ale Yeast - 2 x 11g Sachets
Water Adjustments (Optional):
- Adjust your local water to a soft lager or Cream Ale Style - a good reference material here for Melbourne Brewers
- 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum) into mash water.
- 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Chloride into mash water.
- (Note: Minerals are not included in the Kit, you can add them at cart before checkout)
- Single Infusion | Medium Body | Mash In - Do your normal mash regime (approx. 13.5 Litres of Mash Water to 4.5 Kg of Grain or the 3:1 water:grain rule), mashing in at around 66-67C for at least 60 mins
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal their normal fly sparge regime in terms of adding 76C water to hit pre-boil volumes of approx. 23L and post boil into fermenter of approx. 21 litres should suffice.
- Boil - vigorous boil for 60 mins, with your first kettle hop addition at 60 minutes from end of boil and next two hop additions at 15 and 5 mins from end of boil.
- Yeast Nutrient and Wort Clarification: 10 minutes from end of boil: Optional here to add yeast nutrient and a tab of Deltafloc or a tsp of Irish Moss (not included in kit)
- Yeast: If possible make a Yeast Starter 3 days prior to brewing.
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching GY021 Kölsch Bier GigaYeast or GY094 German Ale GigaYeast or Lallemand Brewing Köln Kölsch Style Ale Yeast - 2 x 11g Sachets and ferment at 19-20°C until final gravity is reached, and keg or bottle with 2.3 volumes (4.6 g/L) CO2.
- Drink Fresh or Lager (store cold) for a few more weeks. Prost!
Food pairing and Glass Match (Lager Glass or Tulip)
- Pulled Pork or BBQ
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- Malt - 4.5 Kg (Milled or Unmilled - You Choose)
- Hops - 100g Spalt Spalter GR Hop Pellets
- Yeast - Liquid: 1 x Liquid Gold Pitch of GY021 Kölsch Bier or GY094 German Ale GigaYeast or Dry: 2 x Lallemand Brewing Köln Kölsch Style Ale Yeast 11g Sachets
- Brewing Aids - not included. Water adjustments optional.