RESPECT - Brown Ale - BeerCo Recipe Kit
Brown Ales are all about the Soul of Beer - MALT! So when a true legend and leader of the Soul Sisters passed away recently, we thought it was about time to honour the one and only Aretha with a R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Brown Ale - Ale All Grain Recipe Kit with a focus on the Soul of Beer - Malt! This one is all about the layers of flavour delivered from 7 high quality premium craft malts balanced beautifully with classic East Kent Goldings Hops and fermented out with a traditional British Ale Yeast R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Baby, I got it
What you need
Do you know I got it?
All I'm askin'
Is for a little respect when you get home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(Just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)
Cheers! #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly #givealittlerespect #playitlouder
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres / 5.25 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 60mins
- OG 1.059
- FG 1.012
- IBU 23
- ABV 6.2%
- Colour 57 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
3.50 Kg Ale Malt (6.0 EBC) 63%
0.80 Kg Vienna Malt (6.8 EBC) 18%
0.25 Kg Light Crystal Malt (63 EBC) 4.5%
0.25 Kg Rolled Oats (2.8 EBC) 4.5%
0.25 Kg Brown Malt (178 EBC) 4.5%
0.20 Kg Light Chocolate Malt (900 EBC) 3.6%
0.20 Kg Roasted Wheat (550 EBC) 3.6%
5.45 Kg TOTAL 57 EBC 100%
- 25 gm EK Goldings Pellets - Alpha: 4.8 % – 60 minutes boil addition
- 25 gm EK Goldings Pellets - Alpha: 4.8 % – 15 minutes from end of boil
- Lallemand Nottingham Ale Yeast (Dry) 2 x 11.5 g Sachets
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight or around 18 Litres) and a single infusion temperature of 66-7 °C.
- Sparge: Fly Sparge slowly with 14 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25.0 L.
Boil: 60 minutes. 1st EKG Hop with 25g at 60 min and 2nd EKG Hop Addition of another 25 g at 15 min. Add Yeast Nutrient with 15 mins of boil remaining.
Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching Liquid GigaYeast or Lallemand Brewing Nottingham Ale Yeast at 18° C
Fermentation: Let free ride up to 21-2° C and primary fermentation to take its natural cause before racking or Yeast off and secondary conditioning.
Packaging: Bottle or keg at 9–10 days from the start of fermentation (or longer if needed for clarity and complete fermentation). Shoot for around 2.2–2.5 volumes of CO2, depending on how effervescent you like your Ales!
Optional Extra: Dry hop with ≤2-3 g/L EK Goldings or Willamette for approximately 3 days at end of primary fermentation, starting at the end of primary fermentation or terminal gravity and before cold conditioning.
Bring up to beer cellar temperature 4-6°C pour into a Tall British Pint or Pot glass, slip off your Hi-Vis Brewers or Work Shirt and enjoy responsibly, with a healthy dose of Aretha Franklin playing LOUD! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Food pairing - Brown ales are favorite beers to pair with cheese. They are fantastic with the nutty flavors of hard cheeses like aged Gouda or young Comte. American-style brown ales pair well with a rare, grilled steak. Northern English brown ales will stand up to a steak, however you might prefer them with milder meats like grilled sausages. Try with a herb-rubbed lamb chop. The herbs tie in nicely to the hops in this beer.One more excellent option: brown ale and a roast beef sandwich.
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- Malt - 5.6Kg
- Hops - 50g EK Goldings
- Yeast - 1 x Liquid Gold Pitch or 2 x Dry Yeast Sachets
Credits & Sauces of Brewspiration & Further Reading on the Style:
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)