Sunday - Hazy Pale Ale - BeerCo Recipe Kit
Nothing beats a lazy Sunday afternoon kicking back in the yard with a pint of your favourite hazy pale ale or hanging with friends enjoying a Sunday Session. We get you want to enjoy responsibly and like the sweet juicy hazy styles but you don't want to wake up Malty Monday feeling worse for wear at the start of the working week. So we have pulled together Sunday | Hazy Pale Ale All Grain Recipe Kit for you!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your Hazy Pale Ale brewing on! cheers #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Vital Stats:Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.051
- FG 1.008
- IBU 33.6
- ABV 5.7%
- Colour 10.3 EBC
- Balance - 0.659 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
Amt Name Colour % Grist
3.50 Kg Crisp No.19 Floor Malted Maris Otter (6 EBC) 65%
0.65 kg Crisp Flaked Torrefied Oats (5 EBC) 10%
0.50 Kg Crisp Wheat Malt (6 EBC) 15%
0.15 kg Crisp Cara Gold Malt (14 EBC) 10%
4.90 Kg TOTAL 10 EBC 100%
Amt Name Alpha Acids When Time IBU
15g Amarillo [7.2 %] Boil 60 mins 14 IBUs
15g Hort4337 [9.5 %] Boil 10 mins 9.5 IBUs
35g Amarillo [7.2 %] Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 4.4 IBUs
35g Hort4337 [9.5 %] Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 5.8 IBUs
25g Amarillo [7.2 %] 1st Dry Hop Day 3 5 days 0.0 IBUs
25g Hort4337 [9.5 %] 1st Dry Hop Day 3 5 days 0.0 IBUs
25g Amarillo [7.2 %] 2nd Dry Hop FG 3 days 0.0 IBUs
25g Hort4337 [9.5 %] 2nd Dry Hop FG 3 days 0.0 IBUs
- Lallemand Brewing New England American East Coast Ale Yeast (Dry) 2 x 11 g Sachets
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a temperature of 66 °C (150 °F).
- Hold the mash at 66 °C (150 °F ) until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly sparge slowly with enough 77 °C (170 °F ) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 28.5 L (6.5 gallons).
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes. Add first hop addition of 15g of Amarillo at 60 minutes from end of boil. Add second hop addition of 15g of Hort4337 at 10 minutes from end of boil. Do not add Deltafloc or Irish Moss.
- At flameout, wait until wort cools to 82°C (180 °F ) to avoid volatizing hop oils. Set time for 20 mins and add the hop steep/whirlpool addition (35g each hop).
- After the total hop stand, chill wort to 19°C (67 °F ), decant starter or open Gold Pitch and pitch Yeast and aerate.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature up to 23°C (73 °F ) to ensure full attenuation.
- Approximately 3 days after pitching the yeast, or when the gravity is at 1.020 (5° P), add the first round of Amarillo and Hort4337 dry hops (25g each hop).
- Wait 5 days, then remove the first dry hop addition and add the second addition of dry hops and dry hop for another 5 days.
- Package at 2.4 volumes (4.8 g/L) of CO2 and drink fresh. Haze is expected. Prost!