A really fine dual purpose hop with a heady mix of floral and citrus characteristics (6-9% AA)
- 250g (SAVE 10% on 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% on 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% on 100g Price
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% on 100g Price)
Released from the New Zealand Hop Research Programme in 1988 as New Zealand Hallertau Aroma this triploid has parentage of two thirds Mittelfrüh and open pollination by a New Zealand derived male. Renamed Wakatu in 2011.
During selections this variety displays an intensity of aromas which selectors describe as fresh citrus akin to freshly zested lime peel. These excellent aroma qualities carry right through from selection to the aroma and flavour profiles in the finished beer.
A multi-skilled hop that consistently delivers from kettle to consumer. A true dual-purpose variety with an enviable alpha: beta ratio and oils profile. This all-round brewery performer gives excellent flavour and aroma shelf stability both in small pack and keg. "Just a great hop"
A versatile hop across several brewery applications and beer styles. Is a real standout out when used in multiple, high addition rates in big ales or in gentle gifts to temper the sweetness of a full malt lager. A popular new world hop in new world styles like the Juicy IPA!
HPLC & Oil Composition (Measured within 6 months of harvest, stored at 0C)
- Harvest Years: 2019 and 2020 Batch #20089-1 Alpha 6.1%
- Alpha Acids 6.5-8.5%
- Beta Acids 8.5%
- Cohumulone 28-30% of Alpha Acids
- Total Oil 1 ml oil per 100gm cone weight
- Concentration 124 uL Oil/gram Alpha
- Myrcene 35.5%
- Humulene 16.8%
- Caryophyllene 8.2%
- Farnesene 6.7%
- Citrus-Piney Fraction 9.5%
- Floral Estery Fraction 3.2%
- H/C Ratio 1.9
- Other 17%