Aneta was slightly different to the others. She was dark, deep, and malty and yet still so clean and crisp. She had a lot more soul about her! Maybe it was her rich layered malted body. Some of you like a light clean crisp clear lager and well some like to come across to the dark side. If you want lager with more malt flavour and character, then Aneta is your kind of Lager!
Cheers! #lager #czech #dark #enjoyresponsibly #embraceyourdarkness
Brewfather App Recipe Guidance
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 23 Litres / 6.0 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.053
- FG 1.015
- IBU 25
- ABV 5.0%
- Colour 52 EBC
- BU/GU 0.47
Amt Name Colour % Grist
4.00 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt 4.0 EBC 73%
0.50 Kg Gladfield Biscuit Malt 60 EBC 9%
0.50 Kg Crisp Dark Munich Malt 45 EBC 9%
0.50 Kg Crisp Low Colour Chocolate Malt 610 EBC 9%
5.50 Kg TOTAL 52 EBC 100%
- 30 gm Saaz CZ Hops - Alpha: 4.7% – 60 minutes from end of boil (16 IBU)
- 30 gm Saaz CZ Hops - Alpha: 4.7% – 20 minutes from end of boil (10 IBU)
- Mash In - Do your normal mash regime (say 3 Litres of Mash Water to 1Kg of Grain), allowing extra for a false bottom approx. 20L of Mash Water. Mash at around 65C for at least 60 mins to achieve full conversion.
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C for 10 minutes.
- Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal sparge regime in terms of water added to hit pre-boil volumes and post boil into fermenter (around 13 litres) at around 77C for 29L in the Kettle pre-boil volume.
- Boil - vigorous boil for 90 mins, with first hop additions at 60 minutes and last hop additions at 20 mins from end of boil.
- 10 minutes from end of boil: Optional here to add yeast nutrient and a tab of Deltafloc or a tsp of Irish Moss (not included in kit)
- Cool the wort and transfer to the fermenter pitching Yeast
- Ferment using a traditional long lager fermentation at 11 °C for 11 days until the beer attenuates fully and holds for two days consistent final gravity reading. Step up to 15 °C for a full 3 days diacetyl rest to aid with diacetyl clean up.
- Rack to a keg and force carbonate or rack to a bottling bucket, add priming sugar, and bottle. Target a carbonation level of between 2.4 to 2.7 volumes of C02 - we aim for 2.5 as a sweet spot!
Food pairing and Glass Match (Gobleted Pilsner Glass)
- Hearty, spicy food: barbecue, sausages, roasted meat.
- Cheese - Authentic washed-rind Münster.
- Desert - Pomegranate tart with walnuts, candied ginger pear cake.
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- Malt - 5.5 Kg (Milled or Unmilled - You Choose)
- Hops - 60g Saaz CZ Type 90 Hop Pellets
- Yeast - 2 x W34/70 Fermentis Saflager Dry Yeast OR 1 x BSY-L005 Pilsen Bluestone Yeast
- Brewing Aids - not included. Water adjustments optional. Finings and Yeast Nutrients advised and optional (not included).