Flaked Torrefied Maize consists of maize grits that have been cooked at high temperature, resulting in gelatinisation of the starchy endosperm, and then flaked. Flaked Torrefied Maize lightens wort and can add a unique corn flake-like sweetness to beers.
Flaked Torrefied Maize does not require milling before being added to the mash.
This product is fresh-smelling, free from any extraneous material and manufactured from non-GM certified raw materials in a plant that does not process any material that is of GM origin.
Maize can also be used by distillers to create bourbon style whisky without needing to pre-cook the maize.
- 1 Kg Bag
- 5 Kg Bag (SAVE 20% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg Bag (SAVE 40% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 1 MT Bulk Pallet / Bag (SAVE 60% OFF 1Kg Price) Trade Wholesale
Styles and Uses:
- American Light Lager
- American Style Whisky
- Continental Lagers
- Cream Ales
- Prohibition Lagers
Usage and Benefits:
- Up to 20% of grist with normal brewing malt, more with high diastatic power malt, added direct to tun
- Improves body and mouthfeel
- Higher inclusion rates can bring creamy/corny aroma and flavour
- Gluten Free
- Nitrogen free so can be used a nitrogen diluent for worts made from high TN malted barley