Time to crack open a bottle of bubbly Brut IPA my brewing sisters and brothers and celebrate a nice and dry hop forward effervescent beer. Here we pair a light German Pilsner style malt with both Flaked Rice and Maize and let delicate Pinot Gris like and Mandarin and Tangerine Hops dance their tunes on your tongue. Well, what are you waiting for Brewers? The Ladies and Gents are keen to taste some hoppy poppy bubbles!
Cheers! #Bubbly #BrutIPA #drybeer #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres / 5.25 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.051
- FG 1.007 beware this will go low! give it time in the fermenter!
- IBU 50 BU/GU 0.97
- ABV 5.8%
- Colour 6.7 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
4.0 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt 3.8 EBC 80%
0.5 Kg Blue Lake Milled Flaked Rice 2 EBC 10%
0.5 Kg Gladfield Malted Maize 2.8 EBC 10%
5.00 Kg TOTAL 6.6 EBC 100%
- 20 gm Mandarina Bavaria GR - Alpha: 9.6% – 60 minutes boil addition
- 25 gm Hallertau Blanc GR - Alpha: 8.9% – 15 minutes from end of boil
- 30 gm Hallertau Blanc GR - Alpha: 8.9% – 5 minutes from end of boil
- 30 gm Mandarina Bavaria GR - Alpha: 9.6% – 5 minutes from end of boil
- 30 gm Hallertau Blanc GR - Alpha: 8.9% – 3 days dry hop
- 25 gm Mandarina Bavaria GR - Alpha: 9.6% – 3 days dry hop
- 20 gm Hallertau Blanc GR - Alpha: 8.9% – 2 days dry hop at 18 C at the end of fermentation.
Water Adjustments (Optional):
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight).
- Single Infusion low mash temp at 63-65°C until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C.
- Sparge slowly with 77 °C water (est. 15L), collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25 L.
- Boil: 90 minutes. 1st Hop addition of 20g of Mandarina Bavaria at 60 min and 2nd Hop addition of Hallertau Blanc 25g at 15 mins from end of boil and add your Yeast Nutrient and any Deltafloc or Irish Moss at the same time. Final hop additions of 30g of each hop at 5 mins from end of boil.
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching Liquid Yeast or BRY-97 Lallemand Dry Yeast at 18° C ferment at 18 °C. Add Mangrove Jack's Low Carb Dry Enzyme (glucoamylase) along with Yeast into the primary fermenter.
- Maintain at 18°C-21°C for 7-10 days or less until terminal gravity is reached.
- DDH - Double Dry Hop - Do first dry hop use remaining 30g of Hallertau Blanc and 25g of Mandarina Bavaria for a single 72 hour dry hop (3 days), after primary fermentation is complete (the Krausen has dropped)
- Do the second Dry hop of another 20g of Hallertau Blanc for 48 hours (2 days) before chilling to clear then transfer to keg or bottle. DDH total contact time of hops with your beer will be 5 days.
Transfer to Corny keg and crash cool and condition for 1-2 weeks and filter using your normal method.
Target a carbonation level of 2.75 - 3.5 volumes.
Drink Fresh (serve cold). Cheers!
Food pairing - Go with soft white cheese and Seafood ahoy!
- Cheese: Triple Cream Brie
Credits & Sauces of Brewspiration & Further Reading on the Style: