Idaho 7 ® Brand J 007 is a new hop managed by Yakima Chief Ranches. Developed by Jackson Hop in Wilder, ID, it exhibits a pungent, bold aroma with notes of pineapple, peach, mango, and black tea. It is a high yielding cultivar with dense cones and works well in a variety of beer styles.
Named for its home state, Idaho 7® is a late-maturing aroma hop that drips with juicy notes of tropical and stone fruit, supported by sticky pine and faint notes of earthy black tea.
Idaho 7® plays well with others and shines when paired with varieties like El Dorado®, Comet, Strata®, Cashmere and Centennial in hop-forward beer styles like IPA's and Pale Ales.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
- Tropical fruit (pineapple, papaya), citrus, stone fruit, pine & black tea
Typical Beer Styles
- American-style Ales
- Pale Ale
- First released in 2014.
- Storage Stability 60 – 65% alpha remaining after 6 months.
- Crop 2021: Alpha Acids 14.0% Batch I-10102-1
- Beta Acids 4.0%
- Total Oil 2.3 mL/100g
- HSI 0.263
- Alpha Acid: 9.5-14%
- Beta Acid: 3.5-5%
- Total Oil: 1-2 ml/100g
- Cohumulone: 30%
- Myrcene: 45-55%
- Humulene: 10-20%
- Caryophellene: 6-10%
- Farnesene: 0.5-1%
- B-Pinene: 0.4-0.8%
General Trade Perception
Idaho 7® is an excellent flavour hop with a strong aroma that works well in American style Pale and India Pale Ales.
BeerCo Recipe Kits featuring Idaho 7™ US Hops:
Craft Beer Examples Using Idaho #7 Hops
- Cavalier Brewing - Idaho IPA
- Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA - Idaho 7 Varietal
- Pearl Street Grill Brewery New York 007 IPA
- McMenamins Solar Sail IPA
Dogfish Head Alternate Takes #1 DIPA brewed with Centennial, Warrior, and Idaho 7 hops. A deep golden hue, greets you with notes of tropical fruits in the aroma - pineapple, papaya, and passion fruit - and a malty, apricot sweetness with each sip. Finishing almost tea-like. Citrusy and fruity, one quenching Double IPA.
Troegs - Pale Ale (Idaho 7) - Scratch Series beer 5.7% ABV / 56 IBU - Malts: Melanoidin, Oats, Pilsner, Vienna Hops: Idaho 7 Yeast: House Ale - The recently developed Idaho 7 hop variety features a mild aroma of orange and apricot with hints of black tea leaves. Fruity flavors reminiscent of melon and peach develop, followed by a dry, peppery finish.
Recipe #1 is a Single Hop and Single Malt beer consisting of Malteurop Pilsen Malt and the Idaho #7. Malt bill, hop schedule and vital statistics are as follows…
- Malts: Malteurop Pilsen Malt 85%, Crisp Wheat Malt 8%, Crisp Cara Gold Malt 5%, Sour Grapes Acidulated 2%
- First Wort Hop- 2 #’s Idaho 7
- 60 Min- 2 #’s Idaho 7
- 75 Min- 3 #’s 007 Idaho 7
- Knock Out- 3.5 #’s 007 Idaho 7
- Dry Hop- 5 #’s Idaho 7
GigaYeast Nor Cal Ale #1 GY001
Vital Stats: OG: 1.063 TG: 1.010 ABV: 6.84 IBU: 75 Recipe #2 is an AIPA dry hopped with Idaho #7 pellets. Malt bill, hop schedule and vital statistics are as follows…
Vital Stats: OG: 1.062 TG: 1.010 ABV: 6.71 IBU: 75 SRM: 4 Recipe #3 is an APA hopped with Idaho #7 pellets. Malt bill, hop schedule and vital statistics are as follows…
- 90% Malteurop Pilsen Malt 2-row
- 5% Crisp Dextrin Malt
- 5% Crisp Amber Malt
- 27 IBU bittering addition at 60 minutes of Nugget hops
- 12 IBU addition Idaho #7 at 20 min
- 7 IBU addition Idaho #7 at 10 min
- 0 IBU addition Idaho #7 at flameout/whirlpool (5 min whirlpool, 20min rest, inline knockout to FV)
- Fermented at 68F with Fermentis Safale US-05.
- Optional Dry Hop or Double Dry Hop with 2g/L of Idaho #7 for 72 hours after primary fermentation / racking / condition and then bottle or keg
Vital Stats: OG 1.067, FG 1.011 7.4% ABV, 45 IBU, 6.5 SRM