Idaho 7™ US Hops
Idaho 7™ Type 90 US Hop Pellets are sourced from the highly innovative and experimental family owned Jackson Hops in Caldwell, Idaho.
Idaho 7™ US Hops has strawberry, melon, canned pineapple, white grape and unique peach aroma. Deep searching and a little warming lead to peach, tangerine, and perhaps white grape. Aroma is mild with subtle hints of pine. Complex fruity aromas of orange and apricot mesh with hints of black tea-like character and a pleasant fresh herbal bouquet.
Idaho 7™ US Hops flavour shine with strong white grape, dark orange, clementine, tangerine and mango burst. Peach and pear join the fun towards the tail end, which finishes very dry.
These Jackson Idaho 7 ™ Hop are pelleted @CrosbyHopFarm. Crosby Type-90 Hop Pellets are a softer “craft pellet". These pellets are approximately 20% less dense than industry standard pellets. The soft pellet comes apart quickly when used as a dry hop, and provides better hop utilization. The low pelletizing temperatures also work to preserve hop oils, aromatics, and alpha.
- Type 90 Hop Pellets
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
- Dual Purpose
- Citrus - High
- Tropical Fruit - High
- Stone fruit - Medium (Peach)
- Floral - Medium (White Grape)
- Berry - Low
- Hint of Pine
- Citrus - High
- Pine Resin - High
- Dank - Medium
- Floral - Medium
- Stone fruit - Low
- Woody Tobacco - Very Low
Typical Beer Styles
- American-style Ales
- Golden Ale
- Pale Ale
- American Wheat
- First released in 2014.
- Storage Stability 60 – 65% alpha remaining after 6 months.
- Crop: 2019
- Alpha Acids 12.7%
- Beta Acids 4.0%
- Total Oil 2.3 mL/100g
- HSI 0.263
General Trade Perception
Idaho #7 is an excellent flavour hop with a strong white grape and mango profile. Works great in American IPA/Pale Ale, and could probably work well in American Wheat, Golden ale, and other American styles.
BeerCo Recipe Kits featuring Idaho 7™ US Hops:
Craft Beer Examples Using Idaho #7 Hops
- Cavalier Brewing - Idaho IPA
- Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA - Idaho 7 Varietal
- Pearl Street Grill Brewery New York 007 IPA
- McMenamins Solar Sail IPA
- Dogfish Head Alternate Takes #1 DIPA brewed with Centennial, Warrior, and Idaho 7 hops. A deep golden hue, greets you with notes of tropical fruits in the aroma - pineapple, papaya, and passion fruit - and a malty, apricot sweetness with each sip. Finishing almost tea-like. Citrusy and fruity, one quenching Double IPA.
- Troegs - Pale Ale (Idaho 7) - Scratch Series beer 5.7% ABV / 56 IBU - Malts: Melanoidin, Oats, Pilsner, Vienna Hops: Idaho 7 Yeast: House Ale - The recently developed Idaho 7 hop variety features a mild aroma of orange and apricot with hints of black tea leaves. Fruity flavors reminiscent of melon and peach develop, followed by a dry, peppery finish.
- Gladfield Malts: American Ale 85%, Wheat Malt 8%, Toffee Malt 5%, Sour Grapes Acidulated 2%
- First Wort Hop- 2 #’s Idaho 7
- 60 Min- 2 #’s Idaho 7
- 75 Min- 3 #’s 007 Idaho 7
- Knock Out- 3.5 #’s 007 Idaho 7
- Dry Hop- 5 #’s Idaho 7
- GigaYeast Nor Cal Ale #1 GY001
- Gladfield Malts- 88% American Ale Malt 12% Vienna Malt
- First Wort Hop- 2 #’s Crosby Chinook
- 90 Min- .50 # Crosby Chinook
- 60 Min- 3 #’s Crosby Chinook
- Knock Out- 3.5 #’s Centennial 3.75 #’s of Crosby Chinook
- Dry Hop- 4 #’s Idaho #7 Pellets
- GigaYeast Vermont IPA Yeast GY054
- 90% Gladfield American Ale 2-row
- 5% Gladfield Gladiator Malt
- 5% Gladfield Red Back Malt
- 27 IBU bittering addition at 60 minutes of Crosby Nugget hops
- 12 IBU addition Idaho #7 at 20 min
- 7 IBU addition Idaho #7 at 10 min
- 0 IBU addition Idaho #7 at flameout/whirlpool (5 min whirlpool, 20min rest, inline knockout to FV)
- Fermented at 68F with Fermentis Safale US-05.
- Optional Dry Hop or Double Dry Hop with 2g/L of Idaho #7 for 72 hours after primary fermentation / racking / condition and then bottle or keg
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
Great flavours done a simple brew to really be able to see what the taste is like and just wow will be designing some more recipes with this in it for sure
This hop gives rich candied passionfruit and stone fruit aromas. Use this in tandem with Mosaic and you have a big juice bomb. This hope will always in stocked up in my hop fridge for sure!