El Dorado® is a special dual purpose variety with exceptional aroma qualities and high alpha acids. El Dorado ® consistently elicits responses of fruity notes, specifically tropical fruit flavors. Other fruit notes offered have been pear, watermelon and stone fruit.
- 100 gm
- 250 gm (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500 gm (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
El Dorado® Hop was created by Moxee Valley, Yakima, Washington based CLS Farms, LLC in 2008, it was released to the public in 2010. Little information is available about its pedigree, but it is believed to be derived from a neomexicanus subspecies of Humulus lupulus.
El Dorado® hops elicit responses of fruity notes and tropical fruit flavors. As a bittering hop, El Dorado® lends a soft and balanced bitterness. When used in later additions El Dorado® brings bright tropical fruit flavors and aromas of pear, watermelon, and stonefruit.
- HARVEST: 2021 Batch: I-10751-1 Alpha 13% Oil Content: 2.6g/100mL Moisture 8.7% ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- HARVEST: 2022 Batch: -20898-1 Alpha 13.5% Oil Content: 2.2ml/100g Moisture 8.8%
- Alpha Acids 14.0 - 16.0%
- Beta Acids 7.0 - 8.0%
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 28 - 33%
- Total Oils (Mls. per 100 grams dried hops) 2.5 - 2.8
- Myrcene (as % of total oils) 55 - 60%
- Caryophyllene (as % of total oils) 6.0 - 8.0%
- Humulene (as % of total oils) 10 - 15%
- Farnesene (as % of total oils) 0.1%
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20° C) 60 - 75%
Typical Beer Styles:
- India Pale Ale
- NEIPA (New England IPA)
- Pale Ale
BeerCo Recipes Featuring El Dorado®
El Dorado® Hops Use in Craft Beers