"Where the mountains sing through the screams of seagulls. Where the whales could live ’cause they’re gentle people. In my hometown, my hometown.” Sigrid
No seagulls or whales will be harmed in the making of this easy drinking Hazy Kveik IPA but it will ferment hot, fast and furiously! Feel free to put on your Norse gear and scream out loudly as you pitch your Kveik Yeast to scare the ghosts away! (gjærkauk). Sigrid Kveik Hazy IPA showcases Voss Kveik yeast running hot alongside the tropical Hop - El Dorado and Idaho7 on top of a lucious juicy malt bill. Well, what are you waiting for?
jubel #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Brewfather App Recipe Link
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 19 Litres
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.065
- FG 1.013
- IBU 40
- ABV 6.8%
- Colour 9 EBC
- Balance - 0.61 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
Amt Name Colour % Grist
3.90 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt (3 EBC) 71%
0.40 Kg Crisp Light Munich Malt (20 EBC) 7%
0.40 Kg Crisp Wheat Malt (4 EBC) 7%
0.40 Kg Crisp Dextrin Malt (3 EBC) 7%
0.40 Kg UniGrain Rolled Oats (1 EBC) 7%
5.50 Kg TOTAL 9 EBC 100%
Amt Name Alpha Acids When Time IBU
- 5 g Idaho7 [12.5 %] First Wort 20 mins 8 IBUs
- 30 g Idaho7 [12.5 %] Hop Stand 87C 30 mins 13 IBUs
- 20 g El Dorado [12.4 %] Hop Stand 87C 30 mins 9 IBUs
- 20 g Idaho7 [12.5 %] Hop Stand 82C 20 mins 5 IBUs
- 20 g El Dorado [12.4 %] Hop Stand 82C 20 mins 5 IBUs
30 g El Dorado [12.4 %] First Dry Hop at Day 2 for 5 Days 0 IBUs
20 g Idaho7 [12.5 %] First Dry Hop at Day 2 for 5 Days 0 IBUs
30 g El Dorado [12.4 %] 2nd Dry Hop at Day 4 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
25 g Idaho7 [12.5 %] 2nd Dry Hop at Day 4 for 3 Days 0 IBUs
Sauces of Brewspiration:
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a temperature of 66 °C. Approx. 20 L of water at strike temp of 72 C (more if you have a false bottom single vessel brewery).
- Hold the mash at 66 °C until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Add first wort hop addition of 5 g Idaho7 [12.5%] post mash for 20 mins and 8 IBUs while you start sparging and/or ramping up for your boil
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly sparge slowly with approx. 15 Litres of 78 °C water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 24 L allowing for a boil off of 2L/hour
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes. Do not add Deltafloc or Irish Moss.
- At flameout, wait until wort cools to 87°C to avoid volatizing hop oils. Set time for 30 mins and add first hop stand addition (30g of Idaho7 and 20g of El Dorado US hops).
- After 30 mins cool to 82°C and add the second hop stand additions (20g of Idaho7 and 20g of El Dorado US hops).
- After the total hop stand of 50 minutes, chill wort to 37°C, sprinkle on your dry yeast, decant starter or open Liquid Pitch and pitch Yeast and aerate.
- Over the course of the one-week fermentation, maintain the temperature at 37°C to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 2 of fermentation when the gravity has dropped into the 1.028–1.038 range add the first dry hop addition and leave in the beer until terminal gravity is reached.
- Wait for a couple of days, until fermentation is complete and gravity is stable, cool to 21°C and add the post-fermentation dry hops. Add the second double dry hop addition and leave on the total dry hops for another full 3 days.
- Now, cold crash chill, dump yeast and hops, and carbonate the beer to approximately 2.5 volumes (5 g/L) of CO2 (or add 125g of table sugar or 180g of Light Dried Malt Extract if bottling) and drink fresh. Jubel!
BeerCo Sigrid | Hazy Kveik IPA | All Grain Recipe Kit Contents:
Malt: Milled or Unmilled
- 3.90 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt (3 EBC) 71%
- 0.40 Kg Crisp Light Munich Malt (20 EBC) 7%
- 0.40 Kg Crisp Wheat Malt (4 EBC) 7%
- 0.40 Kg Crisp Dextrin Malt (3 EBC) 7%
- 0.40 Kg UniGrain Rolled Oats (Unmilled) (1 EBC) 7%
- 5.50 Kg TOTAL 9 EBC 100%
- 100g Idaho7 Type 90 US Hop Pellets
- 100g El Dorado Type 90 US Hop Pellets
Yeast: Dry or Liquid
- Dry: 1 x Lallemand Brewing Voss Kveik Ale Yeast 11g Sachet
- Liquid: 1 x OYL-057 HotHead® Kveik Omega Yeast - 150mL Homebrew Pitch