¿Qué estás haciendo? ¡Excelente! ¿Una cerveza por favor? ¡Sí! Karla es perfecta para tardes y noches. Una sabrosa cerveza mexicana fácil para beber, hecha con cebada australiana, maíz neozelandés e lúpulos Motueka para un toque de lima mojito característico. Bebe sin mezclar o con una rodaja de limón o lima. Lo que prefieras. ¡Solo no espera que esta dure mucho en la cervecera este verano! ¡Desde el lugar donde preferirías estar! ¡Otra ronda de cervezas! ¡Disfruta responsablemente.
How's it going? Excellent! A beer please? Yeah no problemo! Karla is perfect for afternoons and evenings. A tasty easy-drinking Mexican style lager, made with Australian barley, New Zealand corn and Motueka hops for a signature mojito lime twist. Drink unmixed or with a slice of lemon or lime. Whatever you prefer. Just don't expect this one to last long at the brewery this summer! From the place you'd rather be! Another round of beers! Enjoy Responsibly!
Brewfather App Recipe Link | Karla Cerveza BeerCo Recipe Kit
This recipe has been compiled by Dermott at BeerCo.com.au - we Hop you enjoy it! Please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 23.0 L US 6 Gallon
- Boil Time: 90 min
- OG 1.042
- FG 1.008
- IBU 17
- ABV 4.5%
- Colour 6.5 EBC
- Balance - 0.40 BU/GU
Dry | Lallemand Brewing
Liquid | Bluestone Yeast
- Mash Water Prep: - Optional: Add 4mL 85% phosphoric acid per 5 gallons (19 L) of brewing water, or until water measures pH 5.5 at room temperature. Add 1 tsp. calcium chloride (CaCl2) salt to the mash.
- Mash: Single infusion mash at 65°C (159°F) for 60 minutes at a ratio of 3L of Mash Water to 1Kg of Grain allowing for any mash false bottom approx. 17 L.
- Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 78°C (172°F)
- Sparge slowly with approx 15L of pre-heated sparge water at around 78°C filling your kettle to your normal pre-boil level of approx. 6.5 gallons or 25L if doing a 60 mins boil (add a litre if doing a 90 min boil).
- Boil - vigorous boil for 90 mins if time permits with first hop additions at 60 mins - 20g of Motueka NZ Hop for firm bittering.
- Fining and Yeast Nutrient Addition: Optional: 10 mins remaining on the boil add a tablet of Deltafloc (Whirlfloc) and 1 tablet of servomyces yeast nutrient.
- Second Hop Addition: 0 mins remaining on the boil add another 30g of Motueka NZ Hops.
- Chill down and Oxygenate your Wort ahead of Yeast Pitching - The wort should be chilled to a temperature of 20 °C (68 °F) or below before you pitch your lager yeast and bring down to fermentation temperature between 10-12°C. [Brewers Note: If you are in a hurry you can ferment at 12-16°C with neglible effects].
- Fast Ferment Lager Option: After 5 days at 10°C raise to 13°C for 2 days then 17°C for 1 day then 19°C for 1 day before cold crashing to 2-4 °C for 5 days.
- Conditioning - Rack the beer off the yeast lager or cold condition for as long as possible. Pilsner Urquell lager for 42 days! Can you manage 2 weeks!? If not, keg 48-72 hours after yeast off.
- Lagering - To Lager is to Store Cold and the longer you Lager or store cold the more your Karla | Cerveza will lighten, clear and crystalise and mellow and round out in terms of flavour. Of course if you love fresh as beer you can try a shorter 2 weeks cold conditioning possibly combined with carbonation if your kegging.
Sauces of Brewspiration:
Further Reading and Knowledge on Brewing a Mexican Lager:
Other Light Lager BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kits: