You want to stay for one more with your friends but your driving! You want to have a small beer of the Kegerator after a hard days yakka but you have work to do this evening! Tomorrow is a big day at work or at home getting S#$T done. The last thing you need is a headache from one to many of your favourite DIPAs or an Imperial Stout!
What do you do? Reach for a Roada mate! She'll be right. At 3.5% ABV with a well balanced malt and hop forward flavour and aroma you can have a couple and get back to doing the business, whatever business you are doin' right now! So, well, what are you waiting for mate? Have a Roada | Ale #cheers #enjoyresponsibly #neverDrinkandDrive #brewhappy #drinkresponsibly
Roada | Session Ale
An easy drinking Malt and Hop Forward Mid-Strength Ale by Dermott Dowling
- 1.033 OG
- 1.006 FG
- 45 IBU
- 13 EBC
- 3.5% ABV
- 1.365 Bitterness ratio
- 21 litre brew length
- 60 minute boil
- Single Infusion Mash - 72% Efficiency
Amount Hop Time Use Form AA
- Mash – the brewer should do normal mash regime, mashing at 67 C for at least 65 mins with a water to grist ratio of 3:1 (3 parts water to every 1 Kg of Grain) approx. 10 L of water to 3.3Kg Grist.
- Sparge – once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 76C with approx 20L of water to bring the pre-boil volume to around 25L assuming a 2L/hour boil off.
- Boil – vigorous boil for 60 mins. You may want to boil for 90 mins if time permits with first bittering hop addition at 60 mins.
- Hops: Add 20g of Centennial @60 mins, 15g of Centennial and 20g of Lemondrop @15 mins from end of boil, then a further 15g of Centennial and 30g of Lemondrop @5 mins from end of boil.
- Pitch Yeast & Fermentation – Aerate well and ferment at 18-22 C until FG is reached or terminal gravity is table for two days.
- Yeast off and start the first of two double dry hops after primary for 72 hours with 25g each of Centennial and Lemondrop. Add another 2nd (DDH) double dry hop of 25g each of Centennial and Lemondrop for a further 3 days. (NB: If your in a hurry you can avoid the DDH and do a single dry hop for 3 days of 50g of each hop)
- Crash chill and bottle or keg as normal.
- Mature for 10 days before carbonating.
Sauces of Brewspiration: