Smell that son! What is it Dad? That's the smell of two-stroke son. Second only to the smell of burning rubber or nitrous oxide at the Drag Strip! Shane loves fast cars, fast women and anything that can be burnt or chopped or pulled apart in his garage! After a hard day of doing Shane stuff, he needs a refreshing clean light and crisp Aussie Lager to wash out the fumes and dust from his throat. We reckon Shane our take on a classic Aussie Lager will have your mates beggin for another Pot or Pint from your Kegerator - awww please mate!
Cheers! #Shane #AussieLager #Beer #enjoyresponsibly
Shane | Aussie Lager | Brewfather app Recipe Guidance
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 23 Litres / 6.0 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.040
- FG 1.002
- IBU 21
- ABV 5.0%
- Colour 4.5 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
2.75 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt 3.3 EBC 76%
0.75 Kg CSR Manufacturers White Sugar 2.0 EBC 21%
0.10 Kg Gladfield Gladiator Malt 3.0 EBC 11%
3.60 Kg TOTAL 4.5 EBC 100%
Water Adjustments (Optional):
- Adjust your local water to a soft lager or Pilzen Lager Style - a good reference material here for Melbourne Brewers
- 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum) into mash water.
- 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Chloride into mash water.
- (Note: Minerals are not included in the Kit, you can add them at cart before checkout)
- Single Infusion | Light Body | Mash In - Do your normal mash regime (approx. 11-12 Litres of Mash Water to 2.85 Kg of Grain and or the 3:1 water:grain rule), mashing in at around 63C for at least 60 mins. Have allowed for 2L mash water if a false bottom over your element in a Single Vessel Brewery.
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal their normal fly sparge regime in terms of adding 76C water to hit pre-boil volumes of approx. 26L and post boil into fermenter of approx. 23 litres should suffice.
- Boil - vigorous boil for 90 mins, with your first and only kettle hop addition at 60 minutes from end of boil.
- Yeast Nutrient and Wort Clarification: 10 minutes from end of boil: Optional here to add yeast nutrient and a tab of Deltafloc or a tsp of Irish Moss (not included in kit)
- Yeast: If over three months old make a Yeast Starter 3 days prior to brewing.
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching 1 x sachet of BSY-L005 Pilsen Bluestone Yeast or Fermentis SafLager™ S-23 Yeast - 2 x 11.5g Sachets and ferment at 10-12°C.
- Fermentation: Fast Lager - 5 Days at 10-12°C then raise 3°C for following 3 days, then raise 4°C for 1 day and raise 2°C for the following day finishing at 17-19°C until final gravity is reached. Cold Crash and Lager for 5 days at 2-4°C.
- Keg or bottle with 2.5 volumes (4.9 g/L) CO2.
- Drink Fresh or Lager (store cold) for a few more weeks. Cheers mate!
Food pairing and Glass Match (Aussie Pot or Pint Glass)
- Pizzas and Burgers
- Snags and Steak
- Low and Slow American BBQ - Brisket, Pulled Pork, etc.