Jump Jump Jump Up and Jump Down and Jump Around - Just be careful of the Double Bounce - Oat Cream IPA with a Double Bounce of Oats and creamy lactose and a healthy Double Dry Hop with Pineapple and Piney Vic Secret AU Hops paired up with Bravo US Hops! Bravo for the Double Bounce - DDH - Oat Cream IPA! So what do you say Jump Up and Jump Down and pour me one of those Double Bounce Oat Cream IPAs tanks - Cheers #brewhappy always #enjoyresponsibly always
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 19 Litres (US 5 Galons)
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.071
- FG 1.016
- IBU 50
- ABV 7.2%
- Colour 11 EBC
- Balance - 0.7 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
Amt Name Colour % Grist
4.00 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt (3.1 EBC) 58%
1.50 Kg UniGrain Rolled Oats (3 EBC) 22%
0.75 Kg Crisp Naked Oat Malt (3 EBC) 11%
0.50 Kg Crisp Cara Malt (30 EBC) 7%
Amt Name Alpha Acids When Time IBU
6.75 Kg Total Grist (11 EBC) 100%
- 20g Bravo 13.3% Boil 60 mins 26 IBUs
- 20g Vic Secret 21.2% Steep/Whirlpool 40 mins 6 IBUs
20g Bravo 13.3% Steep/Whirlpool 40 mins 4 IBUs
- 20g Vic Secret 21.2% Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 6 IBUs
20g Bravo 13.3% Steep/Whirlpool 20 mins 4 IBUs
- 30g Vic Secret 21.2% 1st Dry Hop at Day 5 for 3 days 0 IBUs
20g Bravo 13.3% 1st Dry Hop at Day 5 for 3 days 0 IBUs
- 30g Vic Secret 21.2% 2nd Dry Hop at Day 8 for 3 days 0 IBUs
20g Bravo 13.3% 2nd Dry Hop at Day 8 for 3 days 0 IBUs
Liquid | Omega Yeast
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a temperature of 67 °C (152 °F).
- Hold the mash at 67 °C ( 152 °F ) until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly sparge slowly with approx. 15 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F ) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25 L (6.5 gallons).
- The total boil time will be 60-90 minutes. Do not add Deltafloc or Irish Moss.
- Add 150g of Lactose at termination of boil.
- At flameout, wait until wort cools to 80.2°C (176 °F ) to avoid volatizing hop oils. Set time for 40 mins and add first hop stand addition (20g each hop).
- After 20 mins add the second hop stand additions (20g each hop).
- After the total hop stand of 40 minutes, chill wort to 19°C (67 °F ), decant starter or open Omega Yeast Pitch and pitch Yeast and aerate.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature up to 23°C (73 °F ) to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 5 of fermentation when attenuation has reached about 80 percent, add the first dry hop addition.
- Wait 3 days, then remove the first dry hop addition (or leave in) and add the second addition of dry hops and dry hop for another 3 days.
- When finished, carbonate the beer to approximately 2.5 volumes (5 g/L) of CO2 (or add 125g of table sugar or 180g of Light Dried Malt Extract if bottling) and drink fresh. Prost!