BeerCo.com.au FOAMSTOP™ is a 30% active silicone (dimethylpolysiloxane) antifoam that is used in food and beverage manufacture.
FOAMSTOP™ Antifoam is classified as a “Processing Aid” because of its novel feature of being completely removed from the beer under normal processing conditions. It is adsorbed onto the surface of the yeast, vessel walls and filter media.
Analytical techniques accurate to 0.005 ppm cannot detect FOAMSTOP™ Antifoam in finished beer.
To be used as an antifoam agent during the wort boiling and fermentation step of the brewing process, the dose rate depends on brewing conditions, wort gravity, yeast cell counts and temperature. The ingredients of this product may settle. For best results, the closed package should be shaken vigorously before use.
- FOAMSTOP™ is a high-performance food grade antifoam for food processing and manufacturing use.
- FOAMSTOP™ is simply added to the solution that needs to be defoamed.
- FOAMSTOP™ can be added to the foaming mixture, baths, formulations or waste / process water either manually or with a dosing pump.
- Adjust the addition rate to optimise defoaming. FOAMSTOP™ may be diluted with water prior to use, but the diluted mixture will require agitation or circulation over time to stop separation. Mix well before use.
- FOAMSTOP™ is stable for 12 months when undiluted and stored below 30⁰C. Under FDA provision 21 CFR.δ 173.340 the silicone component can be added to a level of 10ppm, meaning FOAMSTOP™ can be used to a level of 33ppm.
Features and Benefits of using FOAMSTOP™ Antifoam
- Improved hop utilisation
- 10-15% Increase in Fermenter Capacity
- More Stable Beer Foam
- Reduced Costs
- Reduce Still Puking
- Distilling Conditioner
Do not freeze, store below 32º Celsius.
- 1 Kg HDPE Bottle
- 5 Kg HDPE Bottle (SAVE 20% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg Canister (SAVE 30% OFF 1Kg Price)
Dosage and Usage Guidance:
Application rate: 1 – 6 mLs per hL (100 Litres)
Proudly Made in Australia for BeerCo.com.au