El Dorado® is a special dual purpose variety with exceptional aroma qualities and high alpha acids. El Dorado ® consistently elicits responses of fruity notes, specifically tropical fruit flavors. Other fruit notes offered have been pear, watermelon and stone fruit.
- 100 gm
- 250 gm (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500 gm (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
El Dorado® Hop was created by Moxee Valley, Yakima, Washington based CLS Farms, LLC in 2008, it was released to the public in 2010.
El Dorado® hops elicit responses of fruity notes and tropical fruit flavors. As a bittering hop, El Dorado® lends a soft and balanced bitterness. When used in later additions El Dorado® brings bright tropical fruit flavors and aromas of pear, watermelon, and stonefruit.
- Crop Year: 2019 Alpha 13.9% ASBC SPECTRO
- Alpha Acids 14.0 - 16.0%
- Beta Acids 7.0 - 8.0%
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 28 - 33%
- Total Oils (Mls. per 100 grams dried hops) 2.5 - 2.8
- Myrcene (as % of total oils) 55 - 60%
- Caryophyllene (as % of total oils) 6.0 - 8.0%
- Humulene (as % of total oils) 10 - 15%
- Farnesene (as % of total oils) 0.1%
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20° C) 60 - 75%
Typical Beer Styles:
- India Pale Ale
- NEIPA (New England IPA)
- Pale Ale
BeerCo Recipes Featuring El Dorado®
El Dorado® Hops Use in Craft Beers