Are you split between your love of Hops - hmmm Hops and Malt - oh so fine! Well worry not more with Split | Red IPA we bring you a truly balanced malt and hop forward beer. With a tonne of in your face US Hop Resin underpinned by a layered full English Crisp Malt bed you will find hoppiness - so brew happy will you! Split!
Good Red IPAs balance the hop-forward flavours and aromas of traditional IPA with the caramel, malty body of an amber ale. We like to think our Split | Red IPA is a solid compromise that lets you the brewer and beer drinker temper the resinous kick of a hop forward IPA with notes of something a bit softer, smoother and even slightly sweet.
Split | Red IPA
Recipes on Brewing Software:
an All Grain American Red IPA by Dermott Dowling
- 1.062 OG
- 1.015 FG
- 65 IBU
- 33 EBC
- 6.20% ABV
- 1.059 Balance
- 21 litre brew length
- 60 minute boil
- Single Infusion Mash - 72% Efficiency
6.25 kg Total Grist - 100%
Amount Hop Time Use Form AA
- 20 g Sultana (US) 60 min Boil Pellet 14%
- 30 g Sultana (US) 5 min Boil Pellet 14%
- 50 g Cashmere (US) 5 min Boil Pellet 7.9%
- 50 g Sultana (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 14%
- 50 g Cashmere (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 7.9%
Dry | Lallemand
Liquid | Omega Yeast
- Mash – the brewer should do normal mash regime, mashing at 67 C for at least 65 mins
- Sparge – once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 76C
- Boil – vigorous boil for 60 mins. You may want to boil for 90 mins if time permits with first bittering hop addition at 60 mins.
- Hops: Add 20g of Sultana @60 mins, 30g of Sultana and 50 g of Cashmere @5 mins from end of boil.
- Pitch Yeast & Fermentation – Aerate well and ferment at 18-22 C until FG is reached or terminal gravity is table for two days.
- Yeast off and dry hop after primary for 72 hours with 50g each of Sultanaand Cashmere (note: you might also like to do a double dry hop of 25g each of Sultana and Cashmere with addition one for 3 days then addition two for a further 3 days).
- Crash chill and bottle or keg as normal.
- Mature for 10 days before carbonating.
Sauces of Brewspiration: