Every now and again along comes a NEW! Advanced Trial Hop that gets Brewers excited. Superdelic NZH-102 NZ Hop is one of those hops. We thought we might put her to the test in a big and bold and beautiful West Coast IPA. You be the judge! Well, what are you waiting for? Time to Get Your Brewing On!
cheers #brewhappy #drinkhappy #enjoyresponsibly
Brewfather app Recipe Link
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 23 Litres
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.067
- FG 1.014
- IBU 65
- ABV 7.0%
- Colour 17 EBC
- Balance – 0.97 BU/GU Bitterness Ratio
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight, approx. 24L allowing for a 2 L false bottom) and a temperature of 66 °C.
- Hold the mash at 66 °C until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F).
- Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly with 9.5 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F) water, collecting wort until the; pre-boil kettle volume is around 29.5 L.
- The total boil time will be 90 minutes (60 mins if you want to save a bit of time); No need to add Deltafloc or Irish Moss. Add bittering addition at 60 minutes from end of boil and first Superdelic Aroma addition at 5 minutes from end of boil.
- At flameout, cool until wort cools to 80°C to avoid volatizing hop oils. Add hop stand (second Superdelic aroma addition) for 20 minutes.
- After the total hop stand of 20 minutes, chill wort to 18°C (67 °F), decant starter or open Liquid Pitch and pitch Yeast and aerate.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature up to 20°C to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 4 or 5 of fermentation when attenuation is nearly complete, add the first of two double dry hop addition.
- When finished, carbonate the beer to approximately 2.5 volumes (5 g/L) of CO2 (or add 125g of table sugar or 180g of Light Dried Malt Extract and drink fresh. Prost!