Sakura is a Super Dry Lager for times when you want something clean and crisp and refreshing. Brewed with local Malteurop AU Pilsen Malt and Flaked Rice and Maize and hopped with classic Czech Pils and fermentation by a super crisp Lager yeast with the addition of glucoamylase enzyme in the fermenter to give a clean super dry and crisp Lager. Kanpai Sakura. Let's go to Tokyo with Sakura and enjoy the nightlife!
Kanpai! #superdry #lager #enjoyresponsibly
Sakura Super Dry Lager | Brewfather app Recipe
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 23 Litres / 6 US Gallons
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.050
- FG 1.003
- IBU 20
- ABV 5.1%
- Colour 5 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
3.50 Kg Malteurop Pilsen 3.2 EBC 70%
1.00 Kg Crisp Flaked Torrefied Rice 0.7 EBC 20%
0.50 Kg Crisp Flaked Torrefied Maize 0.8 EBC 10%
5.00 Kg TOTAL 4.9 EBC 100%
- 25 gm Saaz CZ Hops - Alpha: 3.8% – First wort hopping (12 IBU)
- 30 gm Saaz CZ Hops - Alpha: 3.8% – 15 minutes from end of boil (6 IBU)
- 25 gm Saaz CZ Hops - Alpha: 3.8% – 5 minutes from end of boil (2 IBU)
• BSY-L005 Pilsen Bluestone Yeast - 1 x 150mL Homebrew Pitch
Water Adjustments (Optional):
Use low-mineral water; ensure at least 50ppm calcium to convert the mash correctly.
- Mash In - Do your normal mash regime (say 3 Litres of Mash Water to 1Kg of Grain), mashing at around 64C for at least 60 mins. Allow for a couple of extra litres if you have a false bottom in your mash tun. Approx. 17 Litres for Mash.
- Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C for 10 minutes.
- Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal sparge regime in terms of water (around 14 litres) at around 77C added to hit pre-boil volumes of 26 Litres and post boil into fermenter volumes of 23 Litres.
- First wort hop addition - add 25 gm Saaz CZ Hops - Alpha: 3.8% – for 12 IBU.
- Boil - vigorous boil for 90 mins, with second hop additions at 15 minutes and the final third hop additions at 5 mins from end of boil.
- 10 minutes from end of boil: Optional here to add yeast nutrient and a tab of Deltafloc or a tsp of Irish Moss (not included in kit)
- Cool the wort and transfer to the fermenter pitching Yeast and adding the Mangrove Jacks | Dry Glucoamylase Enzyme | 3g sachet at the same time.
- Ferment at 11°C until the beer attenuates fully. With healthy yeast, fermentation should be complete within 2 weeks, but do not rush it. As you approach the final few degrees of specific gravity raise the fermentation temperature to 15°C for a for a few days to ensure that yeast reabsorbs diacetyl, removing the butter-like flavour from the beer.
- Rack to a keg and force carbonate or rack to a bottling bucket, add priming sugar, and bottle. Target a carbonation level of 2.5 to 3 volumes.
- Be spot-on with your sanitation, yeast health, and temperature control. This beer will not provide you any room to hide.
Food pairing and Glass Match (Stemmed Pilsner Glass)
- Grilled Salmon
- Cracked Pepper Hard Cheese or Soft Ripened White Mould Cheese
- Lemon Desserts e.g. Lemon Tart